Friday, May 27, 2011

Dream # 2

It has been quite a little stretch of time since I posted Dream #1....too busy trying to keep up with the Proverbs 31 lady...then again if I was really like her I would have just found a tiny slot to have fit in a new post.:) Anyways, I thought that maybe it was time I write something about this next section of verses.
My wonderful Aunt Connie...who by the way is a wonderful example of a Proverbs 31 lady...has recently inspired and challenged me. She tries to keep a good devotional book on living a Holy life, a book on raising children, and a book on marriage going at all times. I asked her how in the world she managed to read with all the other duties that surround her daily routine. She replied that she sets aside an hour or so when the children have been tucked into bed to read books that keep her out of the "ruts" of life. Well, I was sincerely challenged! I personally have found that my morning hours our my best time to slip in a little mind cultivation.
Well, my marriage book right now is "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. I have already been jolted out of some minor "ruts" of life that I have found myself developing.
In Proverbs 31:11-12 It is expressed that "The heart of her husband doth safely trust..." I like to think that maybe this could be implying that not only does her husband trust her, but his heart is safe in her care.
Going back to the book that I am reading, Dr. Eggerichs speaks so clearly about the clear command to wives that they respect their husbands. This does not mean only if they deserve it, or only if they love you like you think they should, no, it means no matter what the circumstances may be, we are to show them respect. Their heart needs to be safe with us.
Three areas stand out to me as being vital tools to enable us women to respect our men.
1. We must be saved - how can we respect another if we are selfishly living our life for ourselves. Sin not only hurts God, but it hurts those around us.
2. A sanctified heart - if self is on the throne of our lives we will always be focused on what do I want. Being filled with the Holy Spirit enables us to focus on others and their needs
3. We must be willing to consantly work on our human frailties - it is so easy to get caught in the rut of criticism, and nagging seems to be one of our extreme pitfalls.
Is my husband's heart safe with me? Am I building him up and giving him the respect that God requires of me to give, or do I have an attitude that erodes the very frabic of his spirit?
"The best way to love a husband is to show him respect in ways that are meaningful to him. Such respect lets him feel his wife's love for him and ignites in him feelings of love for his wife."
This is an area where I really feel the Lord is helping me to mature in; may I learn to be a Proverbs 31 lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment