Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dream #3

My mind was recently drawn to my Proverbs 31 lady once again, and I began to dream.... I pondered the parts of the passage that speak about this lady and her careful attention to the needs, style, and class of her families dress. It seems to me that this lady was appropriate "not afraid of the snow for her household," tasteful "her clothing is silk and purple," and righteous "strength and honour are her clothing."
This lady was clothing little princes and princesses for the kingdom of God. This took extreme care! She did not allow others to "dress" her family, such as the influence of surrounding culture. She used wisdom.
The ultimate question, "How can I follow her pattern in this day?"
I must remember her simple lessons.
  • Appropriate - This lady seemed to have a very active household. Both her young princes and princesses seemed to enjoy a very vibrant life. "They were not afraid of the cold," or in other words the elements of nature were not a hindrance to their lives.
          The Bible speaks very clearly to us that we are to be modest and clearly male and female. We live in  a day that wants to take away these careful boundaries and clear destinctions. I think that this lady may have also faced some of these issues. However, she was ready. By God's grace and help our little family will also stay true to these principles.
          I lived in a very cold climate as a girl, and I loved the outdoors. However, the principles of the Bible were firmly instilled in me that I was God's princess. He wanted me to clearly look like a girl and stay modest. The quanderie? My Knight in shining armour came through for his little princess. A pair of warm snow-pants, a thick warm polar fleece skirt, and a water-proof light-weight skirt to complete the outfit! I was warmer than all the guys!...and I looked like a girl. Modest? Absolutely!
         As a lady who now has her own little household, oh may I also be a Proverbs 31 lady and dress my family appropiately. When my princess is past babyhood and is able to grasp what modesty is...she to will dress with modesty and as a lady.
  • Tasteful - It does not seem that God is pleased with sloppiness, ugliness, or disorder. When God created this planet, He used ultimate taste, order and natural beauty. Though God calls us to a simple careful life-style, it seems that He is also pleased when we take care of ourselves, and are neat in our appearance. The Proverbs 31 lady seemed to have a firm grasp on this concept. Her family was clothed very tastefully, and yet she didn't cause her husband to go bankrupt in the process:) She did not appear to be consumed with this duty, and yet not negligent either.

  • Righteous - Most importantly this lady was very diligent in clothing not only herself but also her little princes and princessess in the garments of righteousness. "Strength and honour are her clothing, and she shall rejoice in time to come. I have a feeling that this lady reaped great joy as a direct result of her carefulness in regards to her family. It takes great determination and the grace of God to lead our little families in the paths of honour. Lord, please help me!

2 comments:

  1. My mind has also been on this path lately. I want to be this kind of wife and mother that the bible describes. I've been specifically praying for guidance in achieving this. To really be who I was created to be and do what I was created to do, and put aside all of the other distractions. It's interesting to me that you've been pondering along a similar line. Thanks for the great read, it was encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really appreciate your posting this. I whole heartedly agree with all you said! It is so nice to hear someone else feels the same as I do! Keep encouraged!

    ReplyDelete