Thursday, October 6, 2011

Musings on Revival....

We have been in our annual fall revival here at Penn View. Rev. Nathan Purdy has been our evangelist. The Lord has definitely laid some very pertinent truths on his heart.
As I muse about some of the truths that he has presented I am convicted, stirred, and driven to gain new ground spiritually.

Musing #1
If we don't have revival, it is because we didn't want it bad enough.
What is the true desire of my heart? Do I really want to see God move in amazing ways? Do I truly want sin and the sin nature to be defeated, or are these just vain words to placate my soul?
Oh, God create a deeper longing....I want to pray and hold on in faith....to travail in the place of prayer....but I can't even do this without your grace. Oh, praise His name I sense Him placing a deeper longing....now may I act upon it.

Musing#2
This work that we are called to do for God...it's not about us...it's not even about our insufficiency...it's all about Him and His sufficiency.
This truth really hit home. How many times do I try to labour supposedly for Him, but trying to do it in my own strength. Then when it gets hard I complain to Him that I am not able to do this work to which He has called me. I ask that He would find another to fill this place. I forget that it is not about me at all or my weakness. He has called and therefore I must trust. He will provide the provisions and strength necessary to continue in this work.

Musing#3
Cleansed from the carnal mind and infilled with His Holy Spirit...this is a must to living a pure life and maintaining a Godly example.
This cleansing and infilling is a definite work of grace, but it is also the catalyst for a love relationship with God.
Is my soul the chamber of constant love and adoration for my God? Does my life have a fragrance of Jesus and the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit? Have I been with the Lover of my Soul recently and allowed Him to bathe my soul afresh and anew with His Spirit?
This work of entire sanctification is not a "I've arrived" sort of situation, but a constant walk with Him. Coming to Him on a regular basis for constant refills. Allowing Him to chip away at my humanity and learning to walk closer and closer to Him.
My heart is pricked and cries out, "Oh, Comforter of my soul, come and bathe my heart afresh and anew. I know not how to ask properly, but please let my life be saturated with You so that every one around me will not comment on how nice she looks, or how conservative she is, but that they will be touched by You. Please let others see You and not me!"

I thank the Lord for His help so far in this revival effort. Oh, that our hearts would  not be satisfied, but continue to long for more of Him. May we not quickly forget what He is trying to do, but may we be diligent to continue on and allow Him to deepen His work among us!

No comments:

Post a Comment